After we survived the torrential down pour we came home to set up our crib. This of course meant that I must complete her bedding set to make sure it all fit.... and then once it was all set up why waste time taking it all down. So there it sits.... waiting. But its such a bright addition to the room that makes me smile every time. Now to just make the rest of the guest room match... its a work in progress. I have several things left to hang up but it will all happen with time.
The rest of the items that we have prepared for her room include the adorable teeny toy box. This was a $4.99 find from Michael's clearance section. With some paint and modge podge its girly and fits in her room. I've made the very important decision that once that toy box is full... its full. (We will see how long this lasts.... but I can dream right?) Then I made a super cute frame for above her bed. I'm in love.
Also on Spring Break I was feeling crafty so here are my creations.
This is a pillowcase dress made from two fat quarters. It came out longer than I thought but now maybe a diaper cover isn't necessary.
Ok so I may have drafted this pattern because I had a vision in my head. It is supposed to be like a romper. I took a diaper cover pattern and mixed it with a pillow case dress pattern and VOILA. I think this may be my favorite. But I need a baby model to see if it actually works since I made it up. But I don't see why not? We shall see soon enough.
This is my sailor inspired dress. Its blue and white seersucker which I have always wanted to use. Then I may a small ribbon flower for the bottom. I also made ruffled red capris to go underneath. :)
My first pillowcase dress made from a dress that no longer fit me. I think this print will be much cuter on her.
First attempt at a pinafore.It came out way larger than I thought. I know its small but in the center of the hanger (dark brown) is the diaper cover for this pinafore. Its open in the back with a criss-cross. We shall see when this fits...
So this was my Spring Break. I'm terribly sad to see it end. A little more than 24 hours left. I plan to soak up every minute. I hope you have enjoyed my show-n-tell. Next Saturday is my baby shower with friends and my family. So this means I MAY have more to show.... little girls cannot have enough right?
No comments:
Post a Comment