Friday, June 10, 2011

Anniversary Resolution

Well today is official! I've been married for a whole year. I've been so busy with settling in and starting my new big girl job that I have been slacking on chronicling our first year together. So it is my Anniversary Resolution to start taking more pictures, blog, and to craft more. I have not really crafted since our wedding, maybe taking on such a large scale project burned me out... potentially. But I truly miss just zoning out and doing what I love. So since I've started my summer vacation I've done a few crafts that I would like to share with everyone! So here is to many more years of marriage and to living my life by doing what I love to do!


So here are some of my favorites from my wedding!

 Scrapbook Pinwheels made with love and bruised fingers from pushing in the pin. I did learn if you soak the wood prior to putting the pin in it made a huge difference! Also notice the fabric squares used instead of purchasing/renting table overlays. My mom spent some time hemming these for me!
 These were the tin cans used for random candles, and the homemade fan programs. I made these by creating a template on my computer and then taking it to Copy Corner and having them print copies on cardstock. I then tied a piece of frayed fabric on each one to soften it a bit. LOTS of glue sticks were used here!
 My beautiful wedding party with our large pinwheels instead of bouquets.
Here are my shoes! I spent HOURS dying them. They were shoes from when I was a bridesmaid in another wedding. It rained, the dye ran because they had not been properly sealed. So I had multicolored shoes and no shop would accept responsibility by trying to help me fix them... so I dyed them black with dye I bought at Hobby Lobby. Then I added a ribbon to each to match the theme :)


So here is what I have been up to in the past year craft wise in a nutshell...

The cupcakes are from the Superbowl party we went to! I got the idea from Wilton bakeware.


Wine Cork Monogram. I am obsessed with this! It is rather heavy but I will figure out how to hang it for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment