I have to admit I have been contemplating this idea for months and too nervous that this wouldn't work and all this wonderful food would go to waste. I do not appreciate throwing out perfectly good food. So with school quickly approaching and memories of last years debacles with remembering to pack a decent lunch I decided to go for the gold and give it a try. This was SO easy and I will definitely be continuing this trend for the school year. It has even helped while I'm at home because its difficult to turn down a ready made beautiful salad staring at you in your fridge. There are a ridiculous amount of ideas on Pinterest on different salad recipes but ultimately I think we all have our preferences. I found this great picture to be my inspiration.
This tells you how to layer which is the most important part. But it also gets your mind turning on fun twists and substitutions you can make. For now in just doing a traditional salad but I'd love to try some quinoa in my salad. Yum!
Moral of the story. This works. My best advice I have learned so far is use less dressing than you think. The depth of the jar deceives you. You can shake the salad in the jar to get an even coat of dressing. It made me remember the McDonald salad shakers. I used to love those things... But anyways give it shot. I recommend :)

No comments:
Post a Comment