So I have always been intrigued by furniture makeovers but too terrified to try. Lets be honest and admit that I would say only 75% of my projects are completely successful maybe higher but still it is not a 100%. Furniture is not always cheap, fixable or replaceable so that is why I have always been afraid. These were two simple projects but I'm obsessed with the results.
I went to my parents ranch to pick up Paisley and they were replacing the garage door. The color teal naturally catches my eye so I saw this chair covered in old feed sacks. I asked if I could have it and the teal clock I saw in the corner and to my surprise my stepdad said yes! He tried to give me our huge old church pew ... But transporting that puppy might be difficult. That and finding a place for it.
So here is the diamond in the rough before. The leather seat had been painted and disintegrated when I started pulling the furniture tacks.
So I washed the chair. Removed the seat and old tacks. Sanded. Put a dark mahogany stain on. Removed the stain and then used my new favorite weapon.., coconut oil. AMAZING stuff. I then added the fabric that I bought from the remnant bin and tacked it into place. And here is the after!
So I washed the chair. Removed the seat and old tacks. Sanded. Put a dark mahogany stain on. Removed the stain and then used my new favorite weapon.., coconut oil. AMAZING stuff. I then added the fabric that I bought from the remnant bin and tacked it into place. And here is the after!
It is not beautiful... But is exactly what I wanted. Distressed fabulousness for my craft room. I cannot have a sleek, modern or organized craft room the aura would just not be right. I need distressed, semi organized chaos and fabulousness. The craft room is still a work in progress. I keep getting distracted by old and new projects. So before the chair I read all about the amazing wonders of coconut oil. So I gave it a shot. We have this gorgeous antique dresser that I love but was in bad shape. It was just not living up to its potential. It has a beautiful design on the front that I do not want to lose to paint or stain but it has all kinds of dings from being my husband's college dresser. So this is before.
So maybe I will build up my courage for a bigger project... Maybe. 

No comments:
Post a Comment