Wednesday, June 6, 2012

New Chapter in Life

May 29, 2012 at 11:03am my life began a new chapter. Matt and I were blessed with Paisley Grace, a beautiful and healthy baby girl.
We have been planning for her arrival for months but hours before getting to meet her it felt like I was dreaming. Having Paisley has already helped me become a better person. A person cannot be selfish with a newborn staring back at you waiting for you to help them. (Example A is that it is 6:30am on my summer vacation and I just put her back to sleep but I figured I may as well stay awake since her next feeding is in an hour.) I feel all those cliche feelings for her- I am unable to focus on anything else because I just want to stare at her. Its a weird feeling but I wouldn't change a thing.

I love that Paisley gets the hiccups almost everyday. Matt says that is a cruel thing to enjoy because it keeps her awake. I love it because my last two weeks of pregnancy she would frequently have hiccups. It was such a wonderful feeling to know she was doing well and so I still think that when she is hiccuping away. 

Last for this morning is I have to praise my husband. When you considering marrying someone you think about what it would be like to raise a family with them. Or at least I did. It is difficult to envision what someone will be like in a role that they have yet to serve, but you think of their personality and their characteristics and hope that this is enough to make a judgement on. I have always thought Matt would be a great father and he has proven this to the extreme. He has been so helpful, supportive and wonderful throughout this first week. I see such a difference in him. He loves our daughter so much and is so good with her. He gets up in the middle of the night often during feedings just to see if I want a glass of water. He will take her in the middle of the night so that I can sleep a few extra hours when she is fussy. He is not superman but he is everything I would want in a partner. We celebrate our two year wedding anniversary this Sunday and I could not be more excited. In two years our relationship has grown into something beautiful. I look forward to many more years with my Matt and now with Paisley.

God has blessed my life. We went through some personal and unexpected challenges but now it seems to all be falling back into place and very much better than where we were before. I'm excited for the opportunities that await and I look forward to my life's journey. 

No comments:

Post a Comment