Sunday, January 1, 2012

ITS A GIRL! Crafts & a Name :)

Yes I know I'm like a week late on this post but with family and friends visiting and ringing in the new year... o and of course crafting, I just haven't had the time to sit down and blog!

We found out Tuesday, Dec. 27 that we are having a baby girl due on May 30! Woo! We were so excited. The ultrasound process was very long and unexpected. I've always thought I just would go in and they'd say boy or girl. But of course I was wrong, they had to take a bunch of measurements for my doctor. Well our beautiful bundle of joy is apparently not the most cooperative and made the technician work for her pictures. We did not get a DVD because she would not stay still long enough to really see much. I think she may be camera shy. So since we have found out its a girl I of course had to get straight to work...
 Sorry these pictures our sideways! I got a new camera for Christmas (YEAH!) and I haven't quite figured everything out once I transfer the images.

Here is my first attempt at embellishing a onesie! Pretty proud! I even used the scraps to make a fabric flower. Love the colors!
 Outfit #2 I think it looks kinda like prairie-esque. This is another embellished onesie with an added skirt. I used the scraps from this outfit to make a fabric bow with an added button to match the outfit. I'm in love! I'm going to have to continue making these this afternooon :) We are going to have one fabulous little girl!
 Here is our "Greeter Deterrent". I got the idea from Cluck Cluck Sew. This is basically a lightweight car seat cover to hinder strangers from wanting to touch your baby. I think that is slightly important. I made my a little different by making it into a quilt like style because I had a bunch of fabric squares already cut and waiting for a project. Now I just need a car seat so I can attach the straps. But its more fun to sew than to buy the big necessities.
Last Show-N-Tell I promise. Well at least for today! This is the Petal Pillow also from Cluck Cluck Sew . She has some awesome tutorials! This is for our baby girl's room. I thought it would be super cute in a glider. We are doing her room in a fuchsia/grey/pearl/black combo. Fuchsia is such a difficult color to find the exact shade I want. Still working on finding the right color for the crib bedding.




Ok thats all I have to show off today! But I still have plenty of vacation to craft! No work until January 9th! I love being a teacher! O and of course the most important news other than that we are having a girl is her name! We've decided on Paisley Jaiden :)

3 comments:

  1. When I saw you were having a girl, my first thought was about all the fun crafting you were going to get to do! Making things for boys is just not as much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love paisley already!! So excited to meet her, love the name!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! And I'm so in love with the room color choices and pillow! Great job on the outfits, she is ginna be so stylin:)

    ReplyDelete