So I have definitely been M.I.A. from my blog! Life has just been so crazy. We found out right after our trip to Louisiana that we were expecting our first baby. Yeah! We are so incredibly excited. So between all of the excitement, doctor's appointments and work my blog has gotten neglected. But I am back and I hope to make this a weekly post... or at least until the little one arrives. Then some priority may be given to he/she.
We just celebrated Thanksgiving. And OF COURSE I forget my camera so I have nothing to show for all of my hard work. But it was beautiful and tasty. Matt fried a turkey for the first time and it came out so much better than I expected. I also made his family's Chestnut Sausage Dressing which was so yummy! I was so impressed with myself for the first time to make it! And who knew chestnuts were so difficult to find. But for future reference I now know its best to order them in advance. My dad also came to visit and stayed for several days. He brought homemade tamales compliments of my stepmom. She is supposed to come in December to teach me how to make tamales... Matt couldn't be more hopeful.
Well that is it for this post because Matt is making me dinner and I'm salivating at the thought of eating.... its so weird how quickly everything changes. But I love every second and I am so grateful that we have this blessing in our lives. I will update soon to show off my Christmas decor skills in our tiny apartment!
No comments:
Post a Comment